Advantages of injection moulding
Advantages of injection moulding for the production of plastic accessories
Injection molding is a manufacturing process that uses an injection molding machine to produce plastic parts. It is one of the most common processing methods of plastics and used in different industrial sectors because it allows the creation of a wide variety of products, of variable size and weight, with a high level of precision. Among the main advantages of injection molding are certainly the possibility of realizing a high quantity of parts at a reduced cost, also ensuring the repeatability of production and a considerable reduction of waste.
But what are, specifically, all the advantages of injection molding? Let’s find out together!
Injection molding: how does it work?
Injection molding is an industrial process that allows the melting of granules of plastic material in an injection molding machine, which heats them up to make them viscous. The plastic material, which can vary by type depending on the need and the result you want to obtain, is then injected into a mold at a very high pressure. At the end of this phase, the material inside the mold is cooled and solidified. The mold is then opened, giving life to the finished product.
All the advantages of plastic injection molding
Injection molding is an extremely versatile process and can be used to produce a wide range of plastic products, from simple items like water bottles to plastic accessories for different industries, to more complex mechanical components. The widespread use of this technique is due to the many advantages it brings in terms of efficiency and optimization of production, cost reduction, but not only. Among the main advantages of plastic injection molding are:
- possibility to realize high quantities: once the molds are produced, the production process is extremely fast and efficient (the cycle times are about 10 seconds). This makes it ideal for the production of large and medium quantities of pieces, from a minimum of 10 thousand up to over 100 thousand, depending on the needs and type of molds used;
- reduced costs: injection molding enables large quantities of products to be produced in a short time, thereby reducing production costs and minimizing the cost per piece. For medium production volumes (from 10,000 to 25,000 pieces) it is possible to reduce costs by using aluminium moulds instead of steel;
- possibility to realize plastic parts with complex shapes, difficult to obtain with other techniques. The versatility of injection molding allows you to meet any need, allowing a high degree of customization of plastic components;
- wide choice of colors and materials depending on the type of use and the purpose of use of the pieces required, ensuring different customization options;
- possibility to reproduce the same type of pieces over and over again, so it is ideal for series products and high quantities;
- reduced waste compared to other production processes, with a consequent reduction in production costs and the time required to complete the production cycle. It also ensures a reduced environmental impact because the waste plastic can be recycled and reused;
- precision and quality of the parts produced, which can be made with complex shapes and a large amount of detail. The pieces produced with this technique are particularly resistant and durable over time;
- reduced or no post-processing operations because the pieces obtained are distinguished by precise finishes and do not require subsequent interventions.
Plastic molding: why request this service?
The plastic molding service is aimed at companies in different sectors that need to make custom plastic articles and already have their own molds. Thanks to a long experience in the production of accessories for the textile industry and small plastic parts for furniture sector as well as the use of a fleet of presses ranging from 80 to 400 tons, Beschi is able to ensure a rapid and efficient injection molding service for third parties. The company also has a department dedicated to the control of finished products, to guarantee the quality and reliability of production. Moreover, the constant availability of standard raw materials in stock allows to speed up the time needed for production and to process orders quickly and accurately.